Monday, April 21, 2008

Fantasy as good as reality

The Kaufman house in Palm Springs, a mid century landmark designed by Richard Neutra in 1946, was designed to be a desert retreat for its commissioner Edgar Kaufmann. Photographed shortly after by Julius Shulman the home became a symbol for the architecture of its time.


In 1970 Slim Aarons photographed the home more famously resulting in works more widely known such as Pool Party.


Recently the home has undergone a renovation and is at auction, estimated to sell for $15-$25 million. Well, I dont have that kind of cake but some of Slim Aarons other photo's were a nice reminder of what I do have.

These two love birds.....


have nothing on Michael (at left), with his nephews, showing off our mini model T.


Drinking anything out of a coconut is pure bliss..


Not having to share, priceless!


It was no more than two years ago that my girl Taryn and I invented the phenomenal sport of backyarding...


But this woman blows our party out of the water!

Life is so much more full when we focus on the positive. The quality of my photographs may not be as high as Slim Aarons but the content and my memories of them are top shelf.

1 comment:

Heather Taylor said...

this really does make me want to relish the small pleasures, thank you very much!