Monday, May 18, 2009

A perfect end to a perfect weekend








Sunday dinner at my friends Mar Vista bungalow are never a let down. Last night was especially fun and the company top shelf. Over wedges of triple cream cheese, ratatouille, and whole baked Sea Bass we got to hear the incredible story of Norman Ollestad. The tale of his horrific plane crash and subsequent journey to safety was not new to me {as I have been awaiting the release of his memoir, Crazy for the Storm, for weeks} but the first hand account of the details and stories that unknowingly prepared him for this day were fascinating. I was bowled over when I realized who my dinner companion was and surprised him with my genuine enthusiasm but it isn't often you get to engage the author of a book on your must read list.


The books release date is June 2nd and for anyone in the LA area come join me for his Book Soup signing on June 9th!

3 comments:

Anne @ The City Sage said...

Milo?! What a perfect name for a puppy! Be sure to share pictures--I'm so excited for you, from one new mommy to another :)

Heather Taylor said...

love that blue wall with the old portraits! gorgeous.

Courtney said...

Wow beautiful home with so much personality! And that books sounds great.

I'm in love with the house's exterior color!