Monday, November 17, 2008

whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

I'm prone to making lists. Lots of lists and yes, I am that person who puts things that I have already done on my list for the satisfaction of crossing them off. Guilty as charged. I have to do lists, tomorrow lists and lists for someday. My bridesmaid Vanessa read this list at our wedding and sure, it embarrassed me a little, but I live for public humiliation. It's what makes the days not dissolve into years.


Tell important people what they mean to me.
Let go of friends who are negative.
Make structure in my everyday life.
Bookmark my accomplishments.
Let go of regret.
Focus on the positive.
Trust in me.
BE REAL
Grow up.
Live a life without judgement.
Never sell myself short.

I can only assume this weekend discovery in my jewelry box was written on a day where I needed reminding. Probably when I had just left Boston and all the friends I had ever wanted in the whole wide world. Luckily, three and half years later, I've made new friends. Sweet friends. Best friends. But you already know that.

I like this little list. I plan on keeping it in my jewelry box for a little while longer...
xo

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I loved your list:) Its a very good one.

cassandra said...

that is a VERY good list my dear. i think i'll add it to my own (three of which are sitting on my desk right now... to do blog, to do life, to do eventually...

hello gorgeous said...

You're awesome. I loved this post. I also think you were wiser than you think at 15.